Join us this holiday season for a fun Christmas craft workshop and let your Inner Plant Artist Shine!!
- Learn how to dye natural fabric such as cotton, hemp, wool, linen + more, using common plants, safe and non toxic materials, to create beautifully colored garments & yarn.
- How to use safe mordants to make the fabric colorfast, so that the pigments won't fade as quickly.
- How to work with different botanicals to get desired pigments. Including Indigo vats.
- How to create enchanting eco- prints such as; the Japanese Hapa Zome flower method, the advanced blanket method.
- Along with TIE DYE & clay resist prints!!
Get hands-on experience!
Together we will prepare a color dye bath & dye a small cloth napkin for you to take home. All materials provided.
We will also make flower prints together.
Please bring; a 100% cotton white or light color: table runner, scarf, bandana, tote bag, cloth flag or any other garment that doesn't require frequent washing. Fresh flowers provided.
Join us at the Botanist Calgary for this workshop and learn all my formulas, pro-tips & secrets within 2 hours! Plus get Christmas gifts for the plant lovers in your life. And fresh flowers for you to create more eco-print projects at home.
You'll walk away with a step-by-step guide and a list of where to buy all supplies for future projects
Let your creativity flow again. Make enchanting prints. Impress your friends. And feel like an empowered, olden-day textile dyer, walking around wearing a garment with unique colors and prints like these! 😍
Class size is limited to 11 participants
Buy your tickets before we sell out!
The Botanist Calgary 408 8 ave NE
An email with be sent out before the class date with parking options, class notes to bring, and further instructions.
Dates to choose from in the drop down menu above:
Saturday December 3rd 5pm-7pm